Download printable version
35 hours per week - 45.9 weeks (38 weeks term time + 1 week Inset days + 2 weeks in the summer + annual leave)
07:30 to 15:00 Monday to Friday (with 30 minutes for lunch)
Actual Salary - £38,235 per annum (£23.80 per hour)
An experienced and professionally qualified HR Manager is required to provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective HR service for the King Edmund School.
This is an exciting role where you can add real value to the organisation, managing all operational aspects of HR, supporting management and senior leaders on a variety of staffing matters, as well as developing and reviewing HR policies and procedures in line with the academy's School Improvement Plan and its values and ethos.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Level 7 HR qualification, or working towards;
- Chartered Membership of the CIPD;
- Generalist HR experience, including recruitment and selection, absence management, individual casework and employment law compliance;
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships;
- Experience of working within an education environment would be an advantage;
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as SIMS or an equivalent HR database;
- A flexible approach and a can do, will do attitude;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
In return the successful candidate can expect:
- A comprehensive tailored induction programme
- A mentor / 'buddy' scheme
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
Early applications are welcome.
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 24th June 2022
Interviews: Week Commencing 4th July 2022
To apply, please visit the school website www.kes.essex.sch.uk and complete the 'Quick Apply' application and submit, together with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.
Information about the School
The King Edmund School is a high performing school with specialist status for Business, Enterprise and Applied Learning. The school has 1600 students, including over 200 in the Sixth Form.
The school prides itself on its excellent facilities, state of the art technology and innovative and progressive curriculum at all levels and across all key stages.
Students are well cared for and given every opportunity to shine. Extra curricular opportunities are varied and numerous.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment Procedures.