Download printable version
Grove House is a welcoming, positive and supportive special school for pupils aged 8-19 with speech, language and communication needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and well-motivated therapist to join us. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dedicated, pupil-centred and forward-thinking staff team and Trust.
Prior experience of working with children who have special educational needs desirable but not essential as full training is available.
We offer you:
- Enthusiastic, polite pupils with a desire for learning & doing their best
- A highly supportive and friendly team of staff
- A busy and innovative learning environment
- Varied, interesting and rewarding work
- High quality professional development
- Cross-trust progression opportunities
- Parents, Governors and staff who work hard together in the interests of all pupils
- New and recently refurbished buildings with specialist facilities and high quality resources
- Extensive Staff Wellbeing and Medical Insurance Cover which includes physiotherapy, counselling and GP on-line support services.
- Competitive salary & teachers pension scheme
We are seeking an excellent, energetic Therapist who is:
- Proactive and positive when working with pupils
- Flexible, professional and caring
- Able to communicate and collaborate with others
- Keen to learn and develop their practice further
- Enthusiastic to share and contribute their own ideas and strategies to support further developments within school
- Committed to achievement for all
- Calm when supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
- Able to approach challenges with a solution and sense of humour
Full details, including Job Description and Person Specification can be found in the Application Pack. A SEAX Trust application form must be completed - available on the school website, or on request from the school office. We cannot accept applications via CV only.
The SEAX Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Information about the School
Grove House School is a specialist provision in Brentwood for pupils whose primary need is speech, language and communication (SLCN).