Download printable version
School Caretaker/ Site Manager
Pay range: NJC/LGPS Scale 4/5, Point 7 to 11, FTE £20,444 to £22,129 (2021/22) (depending on experience) + Fringe FTE £914
35 Hr/Wk, 52.14 Wk/Yr (annual leave to be taken during school closures)
Split shift - First shift 7:00 am to 11:00 am with a Second shift 3:00 pm to 6:00
May occasionally include some evening and weekend work.
Contract type: Permanent
Start: Immediate when all Safer Recruitment checks are completed.
Applications close: 3rd July 2022 Midnight, Interviews are on a rolling basis so early application is advised. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Interviews: T.B.A or Interview may be pre the closing date as soon as suitable applications are received
Are you an enthusiastic, fantastic Caretaker/Site Manager looking for your next challenge?
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy, part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South and East of England, with 4 primary schools in Essex and overall 45 Primary, Secondary and Special Academies in the TKAT Family (www.tkat.org). Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to inspire learners and change lives through great teaching, leadership and learning for all.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is enthusiastic, hardworking and able to manage time efficiently to ensure jobs are completed in a timely manner. We welcome both experienced and new to role caretakers as we offer training. This is a highly valued and responsible position under the professional direction of the Headteacher.
We believe that all children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure: secure in the knowledge they are safe and cared for; challenged to achieve their best; and happy in the knowledge they are each appreciated for their individuality and their achievements. We are looking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated Caretaker/Site Manager to join the Stapleford Abbotts team to ensure we can provide this environment.
There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to take on another school and to line manage apprentices in the future.
We are looking for
● An exemplary caretaker,
● An optimist with a can-do approach,
● Locking and unlocking of premises and key holder responsibilities. Some evening and weekend work,
● General first line repairs and maintenance and caretaking skills. A good range of DIY skills for example decorating and plumbing,
● Ability to manage contractors,
● Routine Health and Safety checks as required by legislation. For example COSHH, fire, asbestos, legionella and asset register.
● Responsible for the regular checking and operation of systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security systems,
● A flexible approach to their work and ability to work independently,
● Good record keeping skills, a good standard of written English,
● Some cleaning duties. The successful candidate will be required to undertake other manual duties,
● A role model who sets high expectations and establishes productive working relationships with pupils and staff,
● committed to achieving high standards.
We will offer you
- A comprehensive induction programme,
- A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team,
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance,
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change,
- Trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver site services and delivery,
- School-to-school support from fellow TKAT schools,
- Regular opportunities to meet and engage with fellow professionals from TKAT and beyond,
- Free 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Program to help maintain a healthy work/life balance,
- On-site parking,
- TKAT Widerwallet discount program with a wealth of discounts
We strongly encourage a visit to our school to be made prior to the application where possible. Contact details Miss Tracy Deane 01708 688207 to book a visit.
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy is committed to the protection and safety of its students and the successful candidate will be subject to DBS, Bared List and two reference checks as part of the Schools Safeguarding Procedures. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post in accordance with the Immigration Act 2016.
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.
If you have not had any communication within 10 days of the closing date please take this as confirmation that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Access to interview: - should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist we will.
Information about the School
Stapleford Abbotts School was built in 1887 and has been an important part of village life since its establishment. Over the past ten years, the school has become popular and there has been considerable amount of refurbishment and new build. The school attracts children from a wide catchment area and from the neighbouring London Boroughs of Redbridge, Dagenham, and Havering. We are committed to. Involving the wider community with school life and work closely with other agencies including other rural schools in the Epping area.