Download printable version
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, efficient Commercial Catering Manager to be responsible for the operational efficiency of the catering service, planning and preparation to the required standard for both this school and Westcliff high School for Boys.
Essex 2020 Scale 8, Point 25 - 28 (£26,435- £28,809 actual)
37 hours per week, term-time plus INSET days plus 1 week in the holidays.
Relevant qualifications to NVQ Level 3 required.
- Responsible for the operational efficiency of the catering service, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management
- Plan and manage the development of the Schools Catering Provision for Pupils, Staff and Special Events
- Maintenance of the highest standards of personnel management, hygiene and health and safety
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT OF OPERATIONS
- To constantly review and amend (as necessary) the range and breadth of the food offering and monitor its value for money
- To ensure the food offering meets customer demand and is optimally presented
- To actively monitor the range and availability of the food offering throughout service periods
- Using the product sales from the cashless system, monitor the best and worst sellers and adjust product range and merchandising space accordingly
- To actively monitor satisfaction with food provided on a regular basis
- To actively look at ways that the offering and its availability can be improved
- To continually review the layout of the serving areas for optimal efficiency
- To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all food to the required school standard
- To ensure that methods of preparation and presentation comply with all current recognised catering standards including those for schools
- To order raw materials and supplies, check deliveries and ensure all raw and cooked food is stored correctly
- To ensure appropriate procedures are carried out by canteen staff
- To be responsible for the monitoring of menu planning and ordering
- To ensure the prompt service of all meals, breaks and functions provided, as required by the Headteacher
- To plan, implement and review a cycle of menus to be revised at regular intervals
- To be responsible for stock control and rotation of stock.
- To occasionally organise special functions, which may be outside of normal working hours.
- To ensure there is a fully-costed menu
- To maximise the full potential of the catering operation in terms of turnover, profitability, quality of food and value for money for staff and students
- To review and monitor all purchasing procedures and the suppliers used to ensure Best Value is achieved
- Be responsible for the running and maintenance of the cashless catering system and to resolve any queries
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND TEAM LEADERSHIP
- To hold regular team meetings/briefings with all catering staff
- To be responsible for the immediate reporting of staff absences to the HR Manager
- To monitor and ensure the appropriate behaviour of canteen staff, in front of pupils and suppliers as well as between themselves.
- To recruit and induct all new members of the catering staff
- To monitor staff performance, providing training and development as necessary
- To participate in the Performance Management of the catering staff
- To be involved in the discipline of staff in accordance with the School Procedure, as required
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To report all accidents and unfit foods.
- To ensure that all aspects of health and safety legislation are complied with so far as the catering service is concerned.
- To ensure that an appropriate cleaning schedule is complied with and carry out cleaning as required.
- To ensure that all food hygiene standards and records are maintained, that staff are regularly trained in food hygiene and ensure that the canteen receives a 5* food hygiene rating
For further information please visit our website