Download printable version
Hours: 15 hrs per week (Term Time only)
Working Pattern: Flexible, over 4 days (to be discussed at interview)
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an experienced Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our busy office.
The successful candidate will undertake the following duties:
· Full reception duties
· Dealing with parental queries via telephone, e-mail or face to face
· Monitoring the "admin" e-mail account and dealing with/passing on e-mails as appropriate
· Producing standard form letters (i.e. school events, dress-up days, raffles etc)
· To be responsible for checking attendance at after-school clubs and contacting parents of children who have not attended to establish their whereabouts
· Ordering stationery
· Checking-off deliveries
· Be responsible for the school's Inventory
· Photocopying of exam papers
· Assisting the Office Manager and Headteacher's PA with ad-hoc admin tasks as necessary
We are looking for a candidate:
With solid office administrative experience (school office experience preferable but not essential)
With solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and SIMS (SIMS experience preferable but not essential)
With excellent communication skills and a welcoming, positive outlook
Who is efficient, versatile and able to work on their own initiative
Who has an excellent telephone manner and can record and pass on accurate messages
Who is able to prioritise their own workload and plan effectively
Who can remain calm under pressure and have a positive, sunny disposition
Who is confident to administer first aid to pupils
We can offer:
A 'Good' School with bold ambitions to reach 'Outstanding'.
Teaching Staff who are committed to high quality teaching and learning
Office staff who are positive, supportive and hardworking
Supportive and engaged governors, parents and local community
Pupils who are friendly, polite and keen to learn
Ryedene Primary School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome, please contact Jane Fisher (Office Manager) on 01268 559291 to arrange a viewing.
If you are reading this thinking, "that sounds like me!" Then we would LOVE to hear from you!