Download printable version
Grade EPAT Support Range 6 Salary FTE £28,326-£35,177 Pro Rata (actual £14,889-£18,490)
Permanent contract - 25 hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks
Reports to Principal, Business Manager
CFO, Principal, Deputy Principal, Business Manager, Trust Finance Team
· To have knowledge in all aspects of budgeting and finance.
· To operate and maintain the financial procedure and systems of the Academy, in co-operation with the Leadership Team and governors.
· To provide the Principal, Governors and CFO with the financial information that allows them to make informed decisions concerning the financial management of the Academy.
· Play a key role in the Trust Finance Team
· Be responsible for all accounting procedures and financial administration and resolving any problems, including: The ordering, processing and payment for all goods and services provided to the academy. The operation of all bank accounts, ensuring that a full reconciliation is undertaken at least once per month. Maintaining an inventory and preparation of invoices and collection of fees and other dues
· Ensure all financial administration is carried out in accordance with the appropriate DfE and Trust financial regulations and policies
· Advise the Principal/SLT on general financial policy and planning, attending relevant meetings as requested
· Assist in the preparation, for approval by the Governors/Trustees, annual and 3-year estimates of income and expenditure. To obtain agreement of budgets, and to monitor accounts against budgets. To produce regular reports for budget holders and report on the financial state of the Academy to the Principal, CFO and Governors
· To assist in the preparation of monthly reports, control reconciliations and financial returns for the CFO, within statutory deadlines
· Ensure the Academy is following 'Best Value' procedures, keeping analysis of costs and other statistical records.
· Research additional sources of income/sponsorship
· To maximise income generation and energy saving within the ethos of the Academy
· Maintain a Fixed Asset Register
· To assist in the preparation of information for Internal Control and Annual Audits
· Liaise with the Internal and External Auditors to process year end accounts journals
· To assist in the preparation of information for End of Year Certificates and Annual Pension reports
· To assist with the running and reconciliation of the monthly payroll to ensure staff are paid correctly, resolve variances and upload journals to the financial accounting system
· Liaise with other staff and the payroll software provider to answer any payroll queries
· To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Academy's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
· The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Principal to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade
Note: At present, financial aspects of the role will be maintained in liaison with the business manager.
From September 2022 Bournemouth Park Academy are looking to recruit an experiencedFinance Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in financial management and control and be confident in budget preparation and monitoring.
Previous experience in school finance and/or using Sage accounting software is essential.
You will report directly to the Principal of the academy and also work closely with the Trust Finance Officer and the School Business Manager. You will be based at Bournemouth Park Academy, but you may also be required to work in other academies within the Trust.
This role is a part-time position, however this may lead to a full time position in the near future.
If you would like to be part of our dedicated team which aims to provide an engaging, friendly and thriving learning environment, then we would very much like to hear from you.
Bournemouth Park Academy is an Ofsted rated 'Good' school and our focus is to ensure all of our learners are successful during their primary journey.
If required, further information about this position can be provided via the school office in person or via email.
Please apply through the school's application form attached and send to email@example.com
Bournemouth Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. C.Vs will only be considered where accompanied by the school's application form.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 29th June 2022
This post will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Information about the School
Bournemouth Park Academy is a 'Good' Ofsted graded school with a large three form entry.