Download printable version
School Site Manager (Caretaker)
Position start date: TBC Application close: 30/06/2022
Position Type: Site Manager / Caretaker Contract Term: Permanent
Pay Range: LGS Scale 5 point range 8 - 11 Date of Interviews: TBC
Actual Salary £9581 - 10167
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic, skilled site manager to start as soon as possible.
17 hours per week - Monday - 7.30 am - 9.00 am, Tuesday 7.30 am - 4.30 pm (less 1 hr break) Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 7.30 am - 10.00am. We are happy to be flexible on times for the right candidate.
This position is 52 weeks a year, all annual leave will be taken during school holidays.
The successful candidate will:
· Be reliable, punctual and trustworthy.
· Be proactive, hardworking and motivated
· Pride yourself on making the premises safe and secure for pupils and staff.
· Have an eye for detail, to ensure the school stays clean and tidy.
· Have a good working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
· Have proven DIY/maintenance skills.
· Communicate effectively with children, staff, governors and external contractors.
Duties to include:
· Security and safety of the site.
· Will take a key role in Health and Safety checks and monitoring, including fire, Legionella and play equipment, with input to COSHH and Risk Assessments.
· Maintenance and cleanliness of the site.
· Small grounds upkeep
· Primary key holder, responsible for unlocking the school and attendance out of hours for emergency call-outs.
Information about the school
Langenhoe Community Primary school is a small rural school, with 133 well behaved pupils.
The school is set in beautiful grounds.
This is a valued position within the school, and you will be welcomed as part of the team.
We use the services of the North Essex Premises Group, who will assist you in matters concerning facilities management and provide Health and Safety advice when required.
Appropriate training will be available.
Completed applications should be returned by post to: Langenhoe Community Primary School, Bracken way, Abberton, Colchester, Essex. CO5 7PG
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact the school office on 01206 735267
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.
Information about the School
A small rural community primary school, in a beautiful setting.
We have friendly staff, and supportive parents, and lovely children.