Download printable version
1:1 SEN LSA
Fixed term to August 2029
Required September 2022
20 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30-12:30
39 working weeks (term time + 5 inset days)
Scale 3 Points 4-5 £19264-£19650 pro rata (Actual salary £8887 - £9605)
We are looking to appoint a 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant to join our team and work 1:1 with a child with an EHCP. The post is for 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday (8:30-12:30) term time plus 5 inset days. The successful candidate will be committed to supporting all pupils including those with additional needs. In this role, you would be working within a fantastic, supportive and welcoming team. Applicants will need to be enthusiastic, positive and able to work on your own initiative as well as follow direction.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A strong work ethic with flexibility to respond positively to challenges of day to day school life
- A calm and motivated attitude with a clear understanding of the needs of all children including children with additional needs
- A good sense of humour
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to undertake training and support individual needs
- Previous experience of working within a LSA role or similar role
Our school can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with our friendly, dedicated andforward-thinking staff
- A commitment to professional development
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work and Tech Schemes
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Employer Pension Contribution 20%
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and people that identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender plus (LGBT+) as these groups are currently underrepresented in our trust.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Lakelands Primary School is a brand new primary school that opened in September 2020 with state of the art facilities in Stanway, Colchester. Year on year the school will grow, providing 420 places for local children between four and eleven years old by 2026. At Lakelands Primary School we are creating a new school where children can thrive and flourish and fulfil their potential.