Download printable version
Fairhouse Primary School has a great opportunity for a learning support assistant to join our wonderful school team. Fairhouse Primary School is a two form primary located in Long Riding, Basildon. We are one of eight schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are looking for a person who:
• has high expectations of the children and themselves with a passion for raising standards and attainment
• can think creatively to engage, enthuse and motivate children to learn
• is passionate about supporting all pupils, demonstrating empathy and understanding of different needs
• is confident and able to work with pupils with challenging needs, including social and emotional needs/behaviours
• has a good understanding of the primary curriculum and skills to assist pupils in developing a good standard of attainment
• has a good understanding of how to support children with pastoral needs
• is confident and able to support pupils in small groups and 1:1
• works well as part of a team and has a commitment to improving and developing their own practice.
We can offer you:
• well-motivated children who are eager to learn
• a well-resourced learning environment with an enthusiastic and supportive staff
• a forward looking school that is dedicated to the success of all children and staff
• a commitment to continued professional development
• a creative, engaging and well-resourced curriculum.
We have the right to close the vacancy early so please apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disapointment.
This post is for 30 hours a week 8.45 am - 3.15 pm, Monday to Friday during term time for 39 weeks a year.
Information about the School
Fairhouse Primary School has an excellent reputation in the local community. We are one of eight schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background. The Trust is growing rapidly and all schools work closely together to provide a vibrant, exciting and dynamic place to learn and work.