Download printable version
South Green Junior School
HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Salary: Scale 5 Points 8-11
Full time: hours 8.30am to 3.45pm Monday to Friday, 32.5 hours a week, 39 weeks per year, pro rata (plus INSET days as required)
Start Date: 1st September 2022
South Green Juniors is a two form entry junior school. We wish to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (H.L.T.A.) to work as part of our team. We are looking for somebody with commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils.
This post is suitable for experienced or recently qualified candidates. The school would be willing to accept applications from unqualified HLTAs who are able to lead whole class sessions and support them in studying for HLTA status.
We expect the successful candidate to:
· Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils.
· Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children;
· Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
· Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
· Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils.
· Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written.
· Work well as part of a team;
· Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
In return you will receive:
· Excellent professional development
· The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
· A supportive and challenging environment with many CPD opportunities
· Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school
· Supportive parents
· A friendly and supportive team
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Visits to the school are encouraged and should be arranged through the school office by phoning 01277 651897 or emailing the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 10th June midday
Interviews: w/c 13th June
Candidates shortlisted will receive notification of interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, however, if you would like to know the outcome of your application in writing, then please enclose a stamped addressed envelope with your application.