Download printable version
ST HELENA SCHOOL
TEACHER of PE
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: September 2022
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational teacher of PE. The position will suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher. Do you believe that there are no limits to student achievement? If so, why not consider joining our school and make a real difference to our students.
For teachers currently undergoing teacher training, a start date of July 2022 will be considered, on completion of training courses.
St Helena School has a robust CPD training programme that allows our staff to flourish in addition to internal CPD at St Helena, staff have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the Sigma Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships. Excellent support is provided by the Sigma Trust through the Science Strategic Lead and if the successful candidate wanted the opportunity to teach KS5 Science this could be facilitated across a partner school
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Be fully qualified to teach through the secondary range for Key Stages 3 & 4
● Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the subjects which will inspire student progress
● Demonstrate a capacity to develop schemes of work that are differentiated and will engage students in the learning process
● Experience of IT and a willingness to use it to plan and teach lessons
● A full commitment to extracurricular activities
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status (Suitable for ECTs)
● Ability to teach lessons that challenge all students in PE as well as examination subjects offered by the department.
● A passion for teaching and making a real difference to young people
● Commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
● If you are a dynamic teacher who would like to work in a supportive and collaborative environment and you feel that you have the enthusiasm and commitment required to join our school, please apply.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
● A Competitive Salary
● Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
● Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
● Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply via the link provided below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 23rd May 2022
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 23rd May 2022
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 25th May 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.