Download printable version
We seek to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our team. The role will be based at Bromfords School as part of the BEC Teacher Training group.
· To ensure that all secondary records are kept in alignment with GDPR
· To produce and maintain a record of placement schools, addresses, URN number and telephone details, OFSTED grades.
· To send out and monitor trainee contracts.
· To upload and maintain all trainees, mentor's names and emails onto the email system and google drive. To create and maintain group emails for Headteachers, Professional Mentor, Lead Subject Mentors.
· To complete exit procedures when a trainee leaves the course.
· To maintain trainee attendance records and update reports; to raise attendance registers for GPS sessions.
· To summarise Trainees' initial PM reports
· To maintain & track records of Trainee's ECT (& RQT) positions and manage all quality assurance questionnaires
· To file references written by BECTT staff about Trainees and ex-trainees.
· Download reports and file in trainees' folders.
· To minute confidential meetings as required by the course director
· Complete register trainee teachers
Google Drive & IT systems
· To liaise with TRUST IT dept to ensure that all secondary hardware & software is in working order.
· In collaboration with course director, to maintain the google drive for secondary: ensure accurate shared access to documents meeting GDPR requirements; add / delete / move documents / resources / evaluations; reset passwords;
· Advise and troubleshoot problems that arise with the drive for trainees and mentors.
· To support mentors, LSMs etc with loading information as required.
· To monitor trainee completion of evaluations.
· To monitor activity on the drive; tasks are submitted on time by trainees, assessment grades uploaded by LSMs, observations are being loaded by mentors, mentor meetings minutes, target overview is being completed.
· To collate data from course tutors, PMs and LSMs about trainees. To update the trainee progress chart. To monitor transition documents completion.
· To collaborate with the assistant recruitment administrator
· In collaboration with the Course Director, to update interview paperwork
· To download applications for the attention of the Executive and Course Director do the first safeguarding check
· To invite candidates for interview/decline and update DfE apply
· To contact schools and plan together interview days
· To prepare and distribute information to the interview panel
· To prepare and distribute letters of offer/decline
· To ensure that conditions are met prior to the course completion
· To support the course director in the production of the course programme.
· To support the Course Director in the delivery of the course programme. Arrange speakers, manage venues / zoom remote meetings. Prepare documents / resources for GPS sessions.
· Liaising with and supporting the current trainee cohort. Disseminate course information to trainees.
· To send out and monitor partnership agreements.
· Organise alternative educational experience days such as PRU, EAL, etc.
· To read and produce the weekly Newsletter in draft, and send out final draft to all stakeholders
· To organise and record attendance at all Mentor training activities
· To order books on the request of the Course Director.
· Subject - to maintain log of exam boards for subjects and schools.
· To update the course reading list.
· To answer phone enquiries from prospective trainees and partnership staff.
· To photocopy papers for the Course Director.
· Prepare documentation and arrange refreshments & parking arrangements for the Induction Day and all meetings.
· To set up remote meetings and monitor the timetabling of slots.
· To download and put on the drive recordings of remote training.
· To lead on arrangements for celebration evening including the raising of tickets, invites and certificates for mentors and ECTs.
· To receive visitors adhering to Safeguarding & risk assessment procedures.
· To cover emails of other secondary colleague when not in the office.
· Update room bookings
· To provide advice to prospective applicants on applying to course, entry requirements, tuition fees, bursaries, DBS and health checks.
· To support the welfare of trainees before and during the course.
· To notify the relevant course tutor or Course Director of any potential concerns.
· To prepare LSM and mentor payments to schools. Work out costs for mentors attending meetings.
· To organise any monies to be paid to Compass Trust
· To complete trainee bursary letters
· To use social media to promote the SCITT.
· Attend recruitment events and lead on events hosted by BEC.
· Contribute to the taster days or remote taster events.
· To research into marketing materials as instructed by the Executive/Course Director and make orders and distribute.
· To support the Executive Director in the marketing and recruitment strategy.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be required to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Information about the School
CARING ABOUT SUCCESS
Our School offers:
• Proven standards of academic excellence
• Specialist College status in Mathematics and Computing
• Outstanding educational resources
• A commitment to student care and discipline
• A vibrant and successful Sixth Form
• Enrichment through an extensive and diverse extra-curricular programme
We expect from all our students:
• A commitment to hard work and success
• Self-reliance and a sense of responsibility
• Respect and tolerance for others
The most important resource in any school is its staff. The success of The Billericay School is largely due to our committed, experienced and enthusiastic staff. Our concentration on teaching and learning produces excellent exam results and an orderly atmosphere. The school is committed to high standards in the professional development of its staff and we aim to develop all our employees professionally to improve educational standards, maintain high morale and assist in recruitment and retention.
Our Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Thank you for your interest in our school and we look forward to hearing from you. More information can be found on our school website: www.billericayschool.com