Download printable version
Teacher of English - Second in Chargerequired for September 2022
MPR/UPR plus TRL2A responsibility allowance
Closing Date for Applications:Sunday 22nd May 2022, midnight
Interview Date:Interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis on receipt of suitable applications. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit their application early
De La Salle School is a caring and thriving oversubscribed fully comprehensive and inclusive 11-16 school with a committed and dedicated staff.
The Governors are seeking to appoint, for September 2022, an enthusiastic, experienced and well-qualifiedEnglish Teacher - Second in Charge
The successful candidate will be someone who will support the Head of Department in:
- Providing professional leadership and management to enhance the quality of teaching and learning.
- Ensuring high quality curriculum experiences for students of all abilities in order to maximise achievement with particular responsibility for KS3.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of the standard of student learning and staff teaching.
- Curriculum provision for a specified key stage.
- Assessment, test and examination performance.
- Raising achievement of all students
De La Salle School is a Christian Community. It is inspired by the vision and example of St. John Baptist De La Salle. Each person is invited to become the person God intends him or her to be. They are expected to live a life of faith and love, following the example of Jesus Christ.
All members of this community are encouraged to grow in awareness of their own unique worth. They are encouraged to use their gifts in responsible and friendly co-operation with others. Within this environment, De La Salle offers a curriculum for children of all abilities.
Whilst the successful candidate is not required to be Catholic, you would be expected to support and follow the Catholic ethos of the school.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check and references.