Download printable version
ST HELENA SCHOOL
Music/Performing Arts Technician
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3 Points 4-5
Actual Salary From: £16,441
Start Date: 1st September 2022
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide full technical support to the Music department. This appointment is a technical position supporting the Head of Music with the smooth running of the department. The successful appointee will be required to work closely with both teaching staff and students in lessons as well as maintaining and organising the resources within the Music/Drama departments.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To ensure equipment is prepared for lessons on request of teachers
· Set up, operation and derigging of sound equipment for a variety of events
· To ensure effective care and maintenance of Music areas, including organisation of storage areas
· To maintain display boards and digital/social media content.
· To maintain the Music equipment and instruments
· Deliveries of supplies and maintenance of department will require manual handling/lifting
· To assist in practical lessons and lead smaller groups of students to facilitate their learning.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· A sound understanding of Music DAW's and Music production.
· A sound technical understanding and ability to set up and operate both live sound/ studio-based recording systems.
· A creative eye and ear in relation to digital design and creative production
· A good standard of education.
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative.
This role is 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time plus Non-pupil days).
Whilst this is a technical role, the support towards the education of the students is a key responsibility and basic musical skills and knowledge will be crucial across a number of instruments.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply via the link provided below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 1st June 2022.
Interviewing date TBC.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.