Download printable version
Our happy, successful and caring school is looking for LSAs to support named SEN children one of which will be moving from KS1 to KS2 and one of which will require intimate care.
30.83 hours per week - 5 days per week, 30 minutes lunch, 8.40am - 3.20pm. Term-time only. would consider additional hours for the right applicant.
Actual Salary - £13,869 - £14,146 (based on 30.83 hours per week)
We require the LSAs to support children who exhibit high levels of anxiety and potential sensory overload. The children have a greatly reduced sense of danger, both to themselves and others.
The successful applicants will work very closely with the SENCO and the class teachers to support the children. They will be encouraged to use initiative in both planning appropriate activities based on their sensory profiles and developmental levels and be able to build rapport with the children and parents, as close communication is of high importance.
Attributes of children:
· Highly physically demanding
· Reduced communication abilities including use of alternative communication
· Individualised curriculum to be planned and delivered, in conjunction with class teacher, designed to meet appropriate sensory needs as well as being at an appropriate academic level.
· Diagnoses of ADHD and ASD
· High levels of anxiety
· Very limited joint attention and find following instructions difficult
Attributes required in applicants:
· Use of initiative in adapting to the actions of the child very quickly
· Knowledge and experience of autism and/or ADHD preferable
· An understanding of using visual support strategies (visual timetable)
· Ability to use alternative teaching strategies
· Ability to communicate successfully with parents and specialist teaching staff
We would consider applications from Early Career Teachers who would like to gain more experience in a school before starting as a class teacher. Opportunities to enhance your teaching experience with a whole class will be available.
Immediate start is preferable but September start date can be accommodated.
Information about the School
Long Ridings Primary School, a popular and thriving two-form entry primary school with 410 pupils, is a great place to work. We serve a mixed socio-economic area of Hutton and Shenfield, near Brentwood. Our last Ofsted inspection was in March 2019: rated Good. We are closely involved in Teacher Training as part of the Essex and Thames SCITT. We also play a key role in local CPD for Brentwood Schools, hosting training days for visiting teachers and LSAs. We are part of the Brentwood Collaborative Partnership. The school is well-resourced with large grounds. We recruit, train and retain the very best staff. Our staff are passionate, driven, ambitious and very dedicated. We also believe in a good work-life balance. We have an unwavering commitment to nurturing a culture where our children work hard, are kind and take responsibility.
At Long Ridings Primary School, we strive to ensure that our children are happy, safe and reach their full potential. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please call the school office to obtain an application pack and make an appointment. Please complete the application form via Essex School jobs. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, medical check and all qualifications will be verified.