Download printable version
Exams & Data Manager
Pay Range: Scale 7, Points 19-24
Actual Salary: £23,818 - £26,801 per annum
Start Date: September 2022
Paxman Academy continues to grow the school with Key Stage 4 students from September 2022 for the first time. To support the growth we are seeking to appoint a combined Exams and Data Officer in the first instance with a view of making these discrete roles in the future.
Paxman Academy opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 Academy with a PAN of 180. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and professional person who would relish the challenge to set up new systems and has the initiative to overcome challenges in this new role.
The post holder will be highly organised, playing a key role in running external and internal exams at Paxman Academy and providing the first stage of data analysis of results. You will be crucial in providing organisational and administrative support in this pivotal role. The job is suitable for someone with calm efficiency, an eye for detail and the ability to problem solve. You will possess excellent ICT, literacy and numeracy and be a team play who is willing to support others in our growing school community.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Oversight of the examinations and administration through the School's database, currently Arbor.
● Preparation, submission and co-ordination of all external examination entries via the Arbor system, liaising with Heads of Faculty, and other staff as needed.
● Preparation and coordination of internal and external examinations, liaising with SLT, Subject Leads and SEND department and other staff as needed.
● Preparation of documentation for special considerations and compliance with the deadlines of examinations boards on all matters relating to students with special needs and those for whom special consideration has been requested
● Ensuring the security of examination papers and stationery, including candidates' scripts awaiting posting.
● Producing a schedule for the invigilation of examinations, including room allocation, and room changes where necessary.
● Ensuring that rooms used for examinations are adequately prepared in advance.
● To be aware of student safeguarding issues and refer information to the appropriate person when necessary.
● To uphold and promote the ethos of the school at all times.
● Ensure Access Arrangements are in place in and followed in conjunction with SENDCo
We're looking for you if you have :
● A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
● Excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
● Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite and bespoke software packages.
● Data processing and management including production of reports in a standard format.
● Knowledge of school examination procedures and policies.
Why work for Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
● A competitive salary
● Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
● Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
● Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme and Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, pleasevisit the URL link below:
Closing date: Midday 30th May 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.