Download printable version
1:1 Learning Support Assistant
St Andrew's C of E Primary School is delighted to invite you to apply to be part of our friendly and supportive team as a 1:1 learning support assistant. We are a kind and caring school and pre-school, where our children's needs are at the heart of everything that we do. Our vision for our whole school community focuses on our three core values, 'Believe in Friendship', 'Inspire Courage' and 'Achieve Confidence' and through these, we provide an inclusive and engaging curriculum for all children.
We are seeking a professional, caring and proactive individual who is passionate about supporting children with SEND to join us in achieving our vision for our children.
The successful applicant will work in KS2 as a 1:1 support for a child with physical/medical needs, therefore this role includes providing personal care, as part of our support staff team. They will be able to provide outstanding pastoral and emotional support to ensure the child is happy and feels safe when working with them. Experience working with children with additional needs is essential and it would be desirable for the applicant to have had some experience working with children who have physical disabilities but not essential as all training will be provided before starting.
Applicants should be:
• Educated to Level 2 or have GCSE C or above in English/ Maths or have relevant experience in a school setting.
• Kind, caring and patient and able to build positive, professional relationships with children and parents
• Flexible within role, prepared to take on tasks as directed by the teacher or SENCO
• A team player able to adapt to the needs of the child and the school
• An awareness and compassionate understanding to inclusion
• A professional who takes confidentiality seriously, ensuring the dignity of the child is paramount.
• A passion to promote the safety, wellbeing and education of young children
What we can offer:
• A welcoming and inclusive school where every individual is valued
• Continued professional development in an environment of skilled primary practitioners
• A friendly and welcoming team and highly experienced SENCO and Key Stage Leader to offer support
• Supportive governors
• Kind and supportive families
• An established staff wellbeing programme
If you are committed to supporting us to provide the best opportunities for all pupils then we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us to arrange a visit or talk more about the position. We look forward to hearing from you.
St Andrew's C of E Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff, governors, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
St Andrew's CE Primary School is situated in the village of North Weald, close to Harlow. There are currently 305 pupils, age 4 – 11 years on roll. We also have a small Pre-School with 16 pupils. The majority of our pupils live in the village of North Weald.
The school is situated in extensive, well maintained grounds. The building houses a modern reception area, large hall, library, intervention rooms and well-resourced classrooms. We also have an outdoor swimming pool that is used extensively in the summer months.
At St Andrews we are very proud of our inclusive, Christian ethos. We strive to ensure that everyone in the school community has the opportunity to be the best they can be.
Please visit our website it is very informative and will give you a flavour of our school. www.standrewsnorthweald.org.uk