Download printable version
THE STANWAY SCHOOL
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 2 Point 3
Actual Salary: £10,891
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint a part-time kitchen assistant to join our team to assist with the provision of a high quality food and beverage service for students and staff.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Making hot meals, sandwiches, paninis etc for student and staff lunches.
· To provide assistance with preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages to the required standard.
· To follow sound hygiene practices.
· To carry out cleaning duties within the kitchen and dining areas as required.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you:
· Are educated to NVQ level
· Have knowledge of health and safety and food regulations
· Have experience of the preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages
· Have good organisation skills
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday and it is 39 weeks per year, which is Term Time, plus Non-pupil days.
The working pattern is Monday - Friday 9:30am - 2:45pm.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please visit the following link:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 22nd May 2022.
Interviewing date TBC.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School