Download printable version
Required for September 2022
Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Key Stages 1 and 2
30 hrs per week (8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m., Monday to Friday, term time only)
This is a fixed term contract until August 2023 in the first instance, with the possibility of further extension.
We are seeking to appoint a committed, energetic and enthusiastic HLTA to join our support staff team and work with our happy and well-behaved children. This post is based across our Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 teams and will involve working in these year groups as necessary.
The post involves working with teachers to plan, deliver and assess learning across our Key Stage 1 and 2 classes during teachers' release time and also covering for short term absence. This post would suit someone hoping to train as a primary teacher who would like to gain experience in a school first.
We are looking for someone who:
· has the drive, determination and enthusiasm to enhance the high levels of learning in our school.
· has experience of working in an HLTA role (or similar) in a primary school setting, with a clear understanding of the curriculum, assessment and how young children learn
· has already completed the HLTA qualification or NVQ level 4 or equivalent (this is desirable, but not essential)
· possesses excellent organisational and communication skills (both orally and written - minimum of GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above)
· has a commitment to working in partnership alongside parents, governors and the local community.
· has high expectations of learning and behaviour and can inspire and motivate our children;
· works well as part of a team;
· is willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
In return we can offer:
· excellent professional development opportunities in a forward-thinking school
· the support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
· well behaved pupils who are eager to learn
· supportive parents and governing body
Visits to our school are recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for an appointment.
All applications must be made online please (via the Essex Jobs website), using the standard Essex application form. Please note that we do not accept CVs and that the application form must be completed in full as, unfortunately, we cannot consider applications which are not completed in full. Please be aware that we may not be able to reply individually to every application and if you do not hear from us within seven days of the closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Myland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS clearance and medical clearance.