Download printable version
CLACTON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 5 (Point 8-11)
Actual Salary From: £14,040
Start Date: As soon as possible
An opportunity has arisen at Clacton County High School for the role of Cover Supervisor.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person to join our current team. As a school, we are determined never to stand still and as a result of this commitment, we are seeking an enthusiastic member of staff to become part of our CCHS team. A person with the ability to inspire their students and act as an exemplary role model to the entire school community; staff and students alike.
Clacton County High School is part of the Sigma Trust and works closely in collaboration with the other schools within our trust family. As a result, we are innovative and always learning from each other to ensure that we deliver an exciting and progressive learning experience for our students.
The support staff team at CCHS is committed to our guiding principles of 'Higher Expectations, Raising Aspirations, Transforming Lives'.
If you have:
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- A shared passion for the ethos of making a real difference to young people with the ability to motivate, inspire and have high expectations of students.
- A commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are:
- Looking for an opportunity to work within the education sector.
- Enthusiastic and committed, adaptable and positive.
- Excited to be part of a committed and caring CCHS support staff team focused on supporting children to realise their potential.
…. then CCHS is the school for the next step in your career.
Full details can be found in the attached job outline and person specification, please complete an application form to become part of the CCHS experience.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
(The full details can be found in the attached job outline and person specification)
- Clearly explain tasks to students and organise the distribution of resources.
- Supervise students engaged in learning activities.
- Act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct and behaviour.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all student within the classroom.
- Encourage students to remain engaged and on task, responding to general queries.
- To provide support for teachers within the classroom
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Clacton County High School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 30 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (Term Time). The hours are 8.30am to 3.30pm with 60 mins break - 20 mins breaktime plus 40 mins lunchtime.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please visit the following link:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 23rd May 2022
Shortlisting will take place week commencing 23rd May 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
CCHS is a forward-thinking school with an innovative curriculum designed to meet the needs of all students whatever their ability or need. With an expanding number of students, currently approximately 1700, including a sixth form of around 300, we pride ourselves on creating a personal and supportive environment to promote higher expectations and raise aspirations.
In September 2018, CCHS was rated by Ofsted as a good school with many outstanding features, particularly in regard to leadership and our sixth form provision. We are also proud to be the lead school for the local teacher training scheme.
As well as a firm commitment to all of our students, we are also very committed to supporting colleagues, providing a great CPD and training programme with opportunities for career progression and enhancement.