Download printable version
We are currently looking to recruit an Emotional Wellbeing Coach to work with our young people in our Outreach team.
- To support students who are educated off-site to regulate their own emotions by using positive management techniques
- To work with the outreach team to support and deliver learning activities for students who are educated off-site with the aim of improving students' attitudes, as well as their engagement and achievement
- To work with Head of Therapeutic Provision and Head of Statutory Provision to provide effective family intervention
- To undertake home visits when appropriate during holiday time
· To produce a variety of resources for students educated off-site to support the individual's SEMH programme
· To participate in the evaluation and review of the agreed support in conjunction with other emotional wellbeing support staff and/or foundation staff
· To attend relevant meetings and in-service training provided by the Foundation
· To consult with parents regarding student support matters and responding to critical incidents
· To record all critical incidents in an appropriate and timely manner on CPOMs
· To support students before, during and after a cycle of assault to both reassure them and ensure that the student is aware of what restorative actions are necessary
· To be a strong role model for emotional regulation and associated language
· With the HoTP and Senior EWC to strategically plan and implement interventions that enable students educated off-site to overcome personal obstacles and challenges so that they make maximum progress and attainment
· To demonstrate a commitment to promoting the mental wellbeing of all students and staff, ensuring it is the focus of all actions undertaken in the role
· To provide support, guidance and advice to families
· To support the identification of at-risk pupils or those demonstrating signs of mental ill health
· To develop relationships with home, and set up interventions that can be delivered with families
· To develop a support system that will encourage relationships and effective communication between home and the foundation and relationships
· To organise visits to students edcuated off-site at home during holidays in order to promote smooth and consistent transition between settings
· To participate in the performance management process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
· To ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Foundation's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Executive Board is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Head of Foundation to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade
Information about the School
Established in 2020 and having recently achieved successful status as an Independent Special School for Social, Emotional, Mental Health and Autism Spectrum Disorder, Karalius offers a unique experience for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN), for 12–16-year-old boys.
Our mission is to revolutionise the education system to enable it to meet the needs of the disenfranchised youth in today's society. We believe that every young person has the right to a quality first education, we want to partner with local authorities to help them deliver outstanding provisions for their hard to reach young people. Our values are grounded in our determination to be the change we want to see in our nation, through compassion, determination and integrity.
We have high expectations of our students and build a secure and happy atmosphere in which students can learn effectively.
Based in Rayleigh, Essex with close transport links to London, our current location is set within a sports and social club.
Statement of Child Protection- Note to applicants
Karalius Education Ltd has a statutory and moral duty to ensure that the company functions with a view to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.