Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 4-5 (Point 6-11)
Salary: £14,447 - £14,736
Start Date:As soon as possible
We are seeking an outstanding individual to supervise whole classes during the absence of teachers. Cover Supervisors will give instructions for the lesson as provided by a teacher and the primary focus of the role will be to maintain good order and to keep students on task.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● To supervise individuals or very small groups of students as required.
● To give administrative and technical support to subject departments, provide examination supervision and accompany school trips.
● Supervise students during lunch and break times as required
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
· Good knowledge of child development and learning processes and reasonable understanding of the education system.
· Ability to provide consistent professional standards regarding work and behaviour.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please follow the URL below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date:Midnight, Tuesday 31st May 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.