Download printable version
Grove House is a welcoming, positive and supportive special school for pupils aged 8-19 with speech, language and communication needs.
Due to ongoing expansion of our provision we have a new opening for a Speech and Language Therapist. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and well-motivated therapist to join us. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dedicated, pupil-centred and forward-thinking staff team and Trust.
Prior experience of working with children who have special educational needs desirable but not essential as full training is available.
The position would suit a newly qualified Therapist
We offer you:
- Enthusiastic, polite pupils with a desire for learning & doing their best
- A highly supportive and friendly team of staff
- A busy and innovative learning environment
- Varied, interesting and rewarding work
- High quality professional development
- Cross-trust progression opportunities
- Parents, Governors and staff who work hard together in the interests of all pupils
- New and recently refurbished buildings with specialist facilities and high quality resources
- Extensive Staff Wellbeing and Medical Insurance Cover which includes physiotherapy, counselling and GP on-line support services.
- Competitive salary & teachers pension scheme
We are seeking an excellent, energetic Therapist who is:
- Proactive and positive when working with pupils
- Flexible, professional and caring
- Able to communicate and collaborate with others
- Keen to learn and develop their practice further
- Enthusiastic to share and contribute their own ideas and strategies to support further developments within school
- Committed to achievement for all
- Calm when supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
- Able to approach challenges with a solution and sense of humour
Full details, including Job Description and Person Specification can be found in the Application Pack below. A SEAX Trust application form must be completed - available on the school website, or on request from the school office. We cannot accept applications via CV only.
Information about the School
Grove House School is a specialist provision in Brentwood for pupils whose primary need is speech, language and communication (SLCN).