Download printable version
St Helena School
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 2 (Point 2 -3)
Actual Salary From: £8,542
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and practical Kitchen Assistant to join our well-established and successful team. The successful applicants will ideally have previous catering experience, be flexible, proactive and have a sound knowledge of Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and safe working practices.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● The preparation and simple cooking of food & beverages.
● Serving customers at the counter/hatch.
● To undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment, fixtures and fittings, cooking utensils, cutlery, glassware etc. as directed.
● During service times, to ensure that tables and counters are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● The ability to be a team player
● Possess excellent organisational skills and have an eye for detail.
● Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
● Have a warm, approachable manner
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
● A Competitive Salary
● Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
● Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
● Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days)
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply via the link provided:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday, Thursday 19th May
Interview date: TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.