Download printable version
Job Advertised for September 2022
Post:SENCo, 3 days per week
Location - Unity Primary Academy, Colchester
Employer - REAch2 Academy Trust
Salary -MPS/UPS plus SEND allowance
Giving Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiasticSENCo to join our team. We are looking for an ambitious, inspiring professional with the skills, drive and determination to help ensure that all our pupils are able to thrive.
Unity Primary Academy are continually seeking to invest in the futures of our pupils and families. We are embarking on a journey of excellence and have the highest aspirations and expectations of our pupils and families, and we create opportunities to become lifelong learners.
We can offer you:
- an opportunity to develop as the school grows
- excellent support from the headteacher and the wider trust
- strong links with the community
- a school committed to staff wellbeing
- networking opportunities within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2
We are looking for someone who:
- Is experienced /qualified/or be willing to train in the role of a Primary SENCO
- Take responsibility for SEN/inclusion provision
- Play a key role in school leadership and management
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to motivate and support staff and pupils
- Be an exemplary teacher
- Have high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- Be committed to working in close partnership with parents, governors and the wider community.
Visits to the school are recommended and should be made by contacting the School Business Manager.
Closing Date: Sunday 15th May 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 19th May 2022
Unity Primary Academy reserves the right to offer a post prior to the closing date for an exceptional candidate.
Please complete the application form and send it back to us via email or post to:
Miss Katie Mears, School Business Manager
Unity Primary Academy
Unity Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check with Child Barred list and satisfactory written references.
Information about the School
Unity Primary Academy is a member of the REAch2 Trust; a national family of primary academies committed to raising standards and achieving excellent for all pupils whatever their background or circumstance. Teachers within REAch2 belong to a national community of professionals, and benefit from a wide range of networks and development opportunities across the Trust. In time, our best teachers are able to work across schools, develop specialisms and step up to leadership roles within and beyond their own academy. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike.
REAch2 benefits from the involvement of leading educationalists, including our board member Professor John West-Burnham, and strong links to prestigious institutions such as the Institute of Education.