Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant with Midday duty
Immediate Start or ASAP
Scale 3/4 point 4 - 7
Salary range £19,264 - £20,444 (actual salary £11,887 - £12,615)
Monday - Friday 8.30am-3.15pm term time only plus inset days. 26 hours 45 minutes per week.
The HERA Primary Academy Trust is seeking to recruit a passionate and caring Learning Support Assistant to support a pupil at Lawford Mead Primary & Nursery School. The person appointed to this post will support a child in Year 1 who is new to the country, has a diagnosis of autism as well as speech, language and communication needs. All LSAs who join Lawford Mead also have a midday supervision role, supporting children during part of the lunch break for 30 minutes per day.
The school is looking for someone who has:
· good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
· an understanding and preferably some experience of supporting children with communication and social interaction difficulties (preferable)
· a passion for nurturing children's wellbeing as well as their academic learning
· good subject knowledge in English and maths
The school offers:
• motivated children who love learning and value their relationships with staff
• a passionate and supportive team of colleagues
• a unique wellbeing and professional development offer for all staff
• a staffing structure that provides good communication and line management at all levels
• a rich and broad curriculum with great facilities and resources
• a new building (2015) with a recent, Good Ofsted grading (2020)
Visits to the school are a warmly welcomed and highly recommended part of the recruitment process. Please telephone Mrs Amanda Burrells on 01245 354134 to arrange a visit ASAP.
If you feel you have the qualities for this post please apply on line at www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk. Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Lawford Mead Primary School is a founding member of HERA Primary Academy Trust a company registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 10571943. HERA Primary Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.