Download printable version
Southend East Community Academy Trust (SECAT) and Richmond Avenue Primary and Nursery School are seeking to appoint a Early Years Teacher.
The post holder will:
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and inspiring curriculum for pupils, incorporating the areas of learning for Early Years Foundation Stage in line with the policies of the school and national directives.
- Facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of EYFS pupils and designated groups of pupils.
- Prepare and implement support plans for individual pupils.
- Foster a learning environment and educational experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to develop and fulfil their individual potential.
- Share in the development and review of the EYFS curriculum, teaching materials, methods of teaching and assessment in collaboration with the wider EYFS team and EYFS Lead.
- Support and contribute to the school's responsibility for safeguarding children.
- Work in partnership with the Nursery Manager and the Early Years and Family Liaison Lead to develop the EYFS team.
- Closely liaise with parents, carers and other professionals within the Early Years Foundation stage, and the wider school, including fellow staff, subject leaders and colleagues from external agencies (for example, specialist teachers from the LA support services, health professionals and social workers).
- Motivate children's learning, both indoors and outdoors, encouraging learning through experience and interests.
- Ensure the smooth transition between Nursery and Reception.
- Teach all areas of the Foundation Stage curriculum.
- Be responsible and support the EYFS lead to ensure effective planning, preparation and evaluation of all aspects of EYFS provision.
- Provide pastoral care and support to children and provide them with a secure environment in which to learn.
- Develop and produce quality visual aids, teaching resources and areas of continuous provision within the EYFS unit.
- Organise learning materials and resources, making imaginative use of resources.
- Assist with the development of children's personal/social and language abilities.
- Support the development of children's basic skills, including physical coordination, speech and communication.
- Encourage children's mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play.
- Develop children's curiosity, knowledge and skills through our skills based provision offer.
- Work with others and contribute to the strong and experienced team ethos of the school, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors.
- Share knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents/carers.
- Observe, assess and record each child's progress and prepare reports for external agencies.
- Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities.
- Keep up to date with changes in the EYFS and developments in best practice.
- Be adaptable and flexible.
Information about the School
Richmond Avenue Primary and Nursery School is situated in Shoeburyness, Essex. The school was built in 1903, and still maintains many of its original features. We are very proud of our school and the people within our community. Our aim is to create a rich learning environment, enabling every pupil to fulfil his or her potential. We are committed to the highest possible educational standards, with an equal passion for the personal growth and development of each pupil.
As part of SECAT, we offer our staff excellent CPD opportunities and support through our network of experienced professionals, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme. Applications are invited from candidates who have excellent skills and the dedication and enthusiasm to be part of a thoroughly committed team.
Our school benefits from wonderful children, engaged parents and a supportive working environment.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.