Download printable version
CLACTON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
Lead Practitioner (Maths)
Pay Range: Leadership Scale
£45,434 - £50,151 (Point L4 - L8)
Start Date: September 2022
An opportunity has arisen at Clacton County High School for the position of Lead Practitioner Maths working with an excellent team of colleagues within our Maths faculty.
As a school, we are determined never to stand still and as a result of this commitment, we are seeking an enthusiastic but experienced member of staff to become part of our school community. A person with the ability to inspire, develop and progress the subject and faculty, leading as an exemplary role model, not just to departmental colleagues, but across the entire school community; staff and students alike.
Clacton County High School is part of the Sigma Trust and works closely in collaboration with the other schools within our trust family. As a result, we are innovative and always learning from each other to ensure that we deliver an exciting and progressive learning experience for our students.
Our school has its own sixth form college, Sigma Sixth, with a campus in Tendring located within a few minutes drive from the school. Although, based at a different site it is very much part of the mainstream school and it is extremely important to us, that as part of their role, the new Director of Learning is dedicated to developing and progressing our Level 3 offer.
Without doubt, this is an exceptionally exciting time to join our staff, the school is expanding and we have a new main school building housing six brand new classrooms and a 4-court sports hall. The sixth form college has recently been refurbished and both sites have excellent facilities, however we are continually developing to accommodate and support the changing needs of the young people of this area.
Our guiding principles of 'Higher Expectations, Raising Aspirations, Transforming Lives' for all students and 'Discover Yourself, Define Your Future' for the sixth form, together with our PROUD values, permeates throughout the school and reflects the passion and drive within all staff at CCHS and our sixth form college.
We would be delighted to welcome your application if you feel inspired to be part of the CCHS experience, and have a commitment to understanding who we are, what we value and the culture we are creating. We want to recruit the best staff and invest in them believing this will lead to the best education for our students, our commitment is to both our staff and students.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
· Have teaching skills which lead to excellent results.
· Model outstanding and innovative pedagogical practice.
· Develop and implement teaching and learning strategies throughout the faculty which raise the quality of teaching and learning of all staff and therefore raise student standards and progress.
· Lead Faculty and whole-school development and CPD.
· Take a lead role, working closely with the senior leadership team and other lead practitioners in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice that lead to school improvement.
· To assist as required in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the faculty area and department.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
If you have:
· The skills and aptitude to model outstanding and innovative pedagogy.
· A passion for your subject area which inspires others.
· A professional understanding of inclusion and strategies for engaging learners.
· A commitment to safeguarding within a school setting.
· Experience in developing and implementing teaching and learning strategies across KS3 to KS5.
…. then CCHS is the school for the next step in your career.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Clacton County High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
· Free tea and coffee available in all team rooms and communal staff room.
· Sociable and friendly staff.
· Staff weekly wellbeing opportunities.
· Staff social events.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply by the link provided below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 16th May 2022.
Interviewing will take place on week beginning Monday, 23rd May 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
CCHS is a forward-thinking school with an innovative curriculum designed to meet the needs of all students whatever their ability or need. With an expanding number of students, currently approximately 1700, including a sixth form of around 300, we pride ourselves on creating a personal and supportive environment to promote higher expectations and raise aspirations.
In September 2018, CCHS was rated by Ofsted as a good school with many outstanding features, particularly in regard to leadership and our sixth form provision. We are also proud to be the lead school for the local teacher training scheme.
As well as a firm commitment to all of our students, we are also very committed to supporting colleagues, providing a great CPD and training programme with opportunities for career progression and enhancement.