Download printable version
Cleaner Job Specification
Part-Time Termtime only cleaner required.
We require an in-house cleaner to join our hard-working Site team. You should be friendly and professional and, most importantly, a team player.
Completed application forms should be sent to Mrs Reena Patel, Business Manager, at the school
address. CVs will not be accepted.
• Maintain cleanliness of staff and pupil's toilets and common areas, ensuring floors are clean
• Maintain high levels of hygiene consumable products in toilets, common areas and
• Wiping down high-touch areas around the school to include door handles and bannisters.
• Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained
within the rota but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
• Available to clean up any accidental spills, ensuring all waste is disposed of correctly.
• Follow all Health & Safety regulations, report any Health and Safety issues to the Business
Manager and Site Team.
• Any other duties not stated in this role profile that may be reasonably required by the post
holder to complete in order to deliver on the required high standards of hygiene and
• Proven experience as a cleaner.
• Flexibility & Motivation.
• Being reactive and proactive to cleaning demands during the day.
• Having a 'can do' attitude and able to ensure that all environments are kept clean and tidy to
a high standard.
• Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner.
• Honesty & Integrity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with a positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
• Professional approach and friendly demeanour
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
• Basic reading and writing ability in English.
• Proof of Right to Work within the UK.
• Can communicate effectively at all levels in the school environment.
• IT / Computer literate for training purposes.
• An understanding of COSHH regulations.
An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.
• To comply with safeguarding policies, procedures and code of conduct
• To demonstrate a personal commitment to safeguarding and student/colleague wellbeing
• To ensure that any safeguarding concerns or incidents are reported appropriately in line with
• To engage in safeguarding training when required
Information about the School
Colchester High School has a proud and reputable history of providing students with the best education possible. We have our own traditions, characteristics, strengths, and our own – extremely high – standards.
Everybody associated with Colchester High School shares our ethos of small classes and high-quality individualised teaching. By sticking to these key principles, we can ensure that every pupil is given the opportunity to reach their full academic potential.