Download printable version
St Helena School
Head of Music
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale with TLR2c
Start Date: September 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an outstanding individual to lead the Music department at St Helena School. As Head of Music you will monitor and maintain high standards of student attainment and progress within the subject area of Music and to monitor and support student achievement.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Be accountable for student progress and development within the department.
● Be innovative in your own teaching and to develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
● Take a lead in planning collaboratively with colleagues in order to promote effective practice.
● Ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the school and the curricular policies determined by the Local Governance Committee and Headteacher.
● Be accountable for leading, managing and developing subjects within the department.
● Effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the department to support the designated curriculum portfolio.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● Ability to teach lessons that challenge, motivate and inspire all students.
● A passion for teaching and making a real difference to young people
● Commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are a dynamic teacher with experience, who would like to work in a supportive and collaborative environment and you feel that you have the enthusiasm and commitment required to join our school, please apply.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
● A Competitive Salary
● Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
● Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
● Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please visit the following link:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 16th May
Interviews will be held onThursday 19thMay
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.