Download printable version
MPS/UPS plus SEN Allowance
Full Time (with class teacher responsibility 0.4)
Required September 2022
Maylandsea Primary School is part of The Eveleigh LINK Academy Trust and is seeking to appoint an inspirational SENCO to join our school. The successful candidate will play a major role in further developing our excellent SEND provision and approach to inclusion across the school. You will work as part of the SLT and closely with our staff, children and families to ensure legal and statutory requirements are met for pupils with SEND.
This is a key appointment for our school and you will be joining a friendly and committed team of staff, all focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for every pupil.
- have a proven track record as an exemplary primary school teacher
- preferably hold the National Award for SEN Co-ordination (and, if not, be prepared to undertake this qualification)
- be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the current SEN Code of Practice
- have a clear understanding of provision mapping, early identification of children with SEND needs, assessment tools and successful interventions to drive progress.
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be well organised and flexible
- have the skills effectively to liaise with staff, parents and external agencies to co-ordinate and ensure continuity of provision.
- be able to motivate and support staff and pupils
- line manage a team of LSAs, carrying out Performance Management Reviews.
- have high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- be committed to working in close partnership with parents/carers, other Trust Schools, governors and the wider community.
Maylandsea Primary is an inclusive school with a strong, welcoming staff team and a supportive ethos. As part of The Eveleigh LINK Academy Trust we work with other schools from across the Trust to support each other. Our children are well behaved, enthusiastic learners and our most recent Ofsted report (January 2019) stated, "The support for pupils' personal development and welfare is outstanding. Pupils are exceptionally well cared for."
The best way to get a feel for our fantastic school is by coming to see us - visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office either on 01621 742 251 or by email email@example.com and the Headteacher will arrange a suitable time for an informal chat.
Please make all applications online via the Essex Schools Jobs website. (Please note that we do not accept CVs.)
Maylandsea Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures including an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
Closing date: Midnight 18th May 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday 24th May 2022