Download printable version
Role: Classroom Teacher (fixed term contract) - EYFS / KS1 (KS2 considered)
We are delighted to offer you the opportunity to apply to become a classroom teacher at our wonderful school. At Prince Avenue Academy we are a passionate team who are focused on providing a creative, forward-thinking and dynamic environment and curriculum for our pupils. As a school we have prioritised reading, STEM and computing and have recently invested in Google Education, chromebooks and upgraded our computer suite and library. Moving forward, we would love to take more learning outside and allow our pupils to experience learning in different ways around our substantial grounds.
To join our fantastic team of staff, we are looking for an individual who:
- is passionate about working with younger children and puts children and their needs first
- has a sense of humour
- has an interest and passion for STEM subjects
- is able to reflect on their performance as a practitioner to continuously improve
- sets high expectations of themselves, their pupils and their colleagues
- is creative, innovative and able to inspire those they teach and work with
- is committed to continuous professional development, both through the school and personally
- is open to new ideas and concepts
We are able to provide you with:
- wonderful children, who have outstanding behaviours and attitudes, both in and out of the classroom; they really are the best thing about Prince Avenue
- a supportive and caring working environment, with staff that are friendly and good-humoured
- a mentor to support you through the first two terms of your employment
- a commitment to your own well-being and maintaining your work-life balance
- regular, high-quality CPD
- a committed MAT (SEEAT) who are First for Pupils, First for Parents and First for Staff
We invite you to explore our website, and contact us with any questions you may have prior to applying. A member of staff who is not on the selection panel will be assigned to provide you with support.
Prince Avenue Academy & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include References, Right to work in the UK and DBS Check.
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your application.
Mr Gary Clement - Headteacher
Information about the School
Prince Avenue Academy and Nursery is a two form entry primary school with a 52 place nursery. Occupying a large site close to the A127 with extensive grounds and facilities, we are part of the South East Essex Academy Trust (SEEAT).
Prince Avenue Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. Appointments are subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS. All members of staff are required to complete a Childcare Disqualification Declaration.