Job Ref No. ECC8825225-99S
Position Type: Teacher
Pay Range: SECAT Enhanced UNQ Scale 1-6 (£18,603-£29,022)
Position Start Date: 01/09/2022
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 20/05/2022 Midday
Date of Interviews: 26 May 2022
Download printable version
Southend East Community Academy Trust (SECAT) and Thorpedene Primary School are seeking to appoint an Early Years Teacher.
The post holder will:
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and inspiring curriculum for pupils, incorporating the areas of learning for Early Years Foundation Stage in line with the policies of the school and national directives.
- Facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of EYFS pupils and designated groups of pupils.
- Prepare and implement support plans for individual pupils.
- Foster a learning environment and educational experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to develop and fulfil their individual potential.
- Share in the development and review of the EYFS curriculum, teaching materials, methods of teaching and assessment in collaboration with the wider EYFS team and EYFS Lead.
- Support and contribute to the school's responsibility for safeguarding children.
- Work in partnership with the Nursery Manager and the Early Years and Family Liaison Lead to develop the EYFS team.
- Closely liaise with parents, carers and other professionals within the Early Years Foundation stage, and the wider school, including fellow staff, subject leaders and colleagues from external agencies (for example, specialist teachers from the LA support services, health professionals and social workers).
- Motivate children's learning, both indoors and outdoors, encouraging learning through experience and interests.
- Ensure the smooth transition between Nursery and Reception.
- Teach all areas of the Foundation Stage curriculum.
- Be responsible and support the EYFS lead to ensure effective planning, preparation and evaluation of all aspects of EYFS provision.
- Provide pastoral care and support to children and provide them with a secure environment in which to learn.
- Develop and produce quality visual aids, teaching resources and areas of continuous provision within the EYFS unit.
- Organise learning materials and resources, making imaginative use of resources.
- Assist with the development of children's personal/social and language abilities.
- Support the development of children's basic skills, including physical coordination, speech and communication.
- Encourage children's mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play.
- Develop children's curiosity, knowledge and skills through our skills based provision offer.
- Work with others and contribute to the strong and experienced team ethos of the school, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors.
- Share knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents/carers.
- Observe, assess and record each child's progress and prepare reports for external agencies.
- Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities.
- Keep up to date with changes in the EYFS and developments in best practice.
- Be adaptable and flexible.
Information about the School
Thorpedene is a very successful Primary School and a member of the SECAT Academy Trust. It is a large school educating and caring for approx. 500 children and 90 employees.
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.
Please be aware that some uploaded documents may require special software such as Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.
Information about the school
HEAD TEACHER: Miss S Champney
Delaware Road, Shoeburyness
Essex, SS3 9NP
Kenningtons Primary Academy, Aveley
Closing: 27/05/2022 Midday
Birchanger Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) Primary School, Bishops Stortford
Closing: 10/06/2022 Midnight
Collingwood Pre-school, Chelmsford
Closing: 24/06/2022 Midnight