Download printable version
Position Start Date: September 2022
Contract Term: Full time/permanent
Salary:MPR/UPR and TLR1C responsibility allowance
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis on receipt of suitable applications. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit their application early
De La Salle School is a caring and thriving oversubscribed fully comprehensive and inclusive 11-16 school with a committed and dedicated staff.
Due to the promotion of the current post holder the Governors are seeking to appoint, for September 2022, an enthusiastic, experienced and well-qualified Head of English.
- Professional leadership and management to enhance the quality of teaching and learning.
- Ensuring high quality curriculum experiences for students of all abilities in order to maximise achievement.
- The development of the standards of student learning and staff teaching.
- Curriculum provision for all students.
- Assessment, test and examination performance.
- Raising achievement of all students.
De La Salle School is a Christian Community. It is inspired by the vision and example of St. John Baptist De La Salle. Each person is invited to become the person God intends him or her to be. They are expected to live a life of faith and love, following the example of Jesus Christ.
All members of this community are encouraged to grow in awareness of their own unique worth. They are encouraged to use their gifts in responsible and friendly co-operation with others. Within this environment, De La Salle offers a curriculum for children of all abilities.
Whilst the successful candidate is not required to be Catholic, you would be expected to support and follow the Catholic ethos of the school.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check and references.