Download printable version
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and efficient Technology Technician to primarily support class teachers within Food Technology and Textiles.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for preparing practical food and textiles lessons, assisting during lessons where necessary and clearing up after practical lessons.
• To be responsible for preparing and checking orders for the department and maintaining stock levels.
• To ensure items are laundered where necessary and equipment cleaned after use.
• To ensure all demonstration materials, equipment and provisions are available for use by the teaching staff.
• To oversee the purchase of ingredients for practical lessons and distribute these accordingly.
• To carry out minor repairs and maintenance of equipment where possible and arrange for specialist outside companies to attend to more complex problems.
• To give support to teachers in preparing resources.
• To support teaching staff and pupils during lessons with resources and activities related to practical work.
• To ensure the application of Health & Safety procedures and to raise awareness of Health and Safety issues in the food and textiles environment.
• To be available to assist at any time with any problem that arises in the Department.
• To undertake any training commensurate with the post.
• To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
• To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
• Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
About the School
The Billericay School is a heavily oversubscribed comprehensive in Essex with a specialism in Mathematics and Computing. The school has polite and engaged students who want to learn and benefits from good parental support.
With direct links to the 'Outstanding' Billericay Educational Consortium, The Billericay School is renowned for the high standards of CPD it delivers as well as the collaborative and supportive ethos it promotes amongst staff.
Our Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Information about the School
CARING ABOUT SUCCESS
Our School offers:
• Proven standards of academic excellence
• Specialist College status in Mathematics and Computing
• Outstanding educational resources
• A commitment to student care and discipline
• A vibrant and successful Sixth Form
• Enrichment through an extensive and diverse extra-curricular programme
We expect from all our students:
• A commitment to hard work and success
• Self-reliance and a sense of responsibility
• Respect and tolerance for others
The most important resource in any school is its staff. The success of The Billericay School is largely due to our committed, experienced and enthusiastic staff. Our concentration on teaching and learning produces excellent exam results and an orderly atmosphere. The school is committed to high standards in the professional development of its staff and we aim to develop all our employees professionally to improve educational standards, maintain high morale and assist in recruitment and retention.
Our Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Thank you for your interest in our school and we look forward to hearing from you. More information can be found on our school website: www.billericayschool.com