Download printable version
Special Educational Needs and DisabilitiesCoordinator (SENCO)
Initially 1 day a week (0.2). This is a role that will grow with theschool
MPS / UPS + TLR2A SEND Allowance
Required September 2022
Lakelands Primary School Primary is a forward thinking,inclusive school with a strong, welcoming staff team and asupportive ethos. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced SENCo to join our growing team. You will beresponsible for setting the vision and cultivating an inclusivelearning environment for Lakelands Primary School and will playa key role in determining the strategic direction of SEND policyand provision within our school.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. You willbe part of a strong and supportive team which is committed toproviding a safe and inclusive environment where all are valuedand encouraged to meet their full potential.
The successful candidate should:
- be able to motivate and support staff and pupils
- have high expectations of children's achievement andbehaviour
- be committed to working in close partnership with parents,governors and the wider community.
- have a proven track record as an exemplary primary schoolteacher.
- hold the National Award for SEN Co-ordination.
- have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the currentSEN Code of Practice.
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be well organised and flexible
The school can offer you:
- an opportunity to develop as the school grows
- excellent support from the headteacher and the wider trust
- supportive staff and parents
- happy and wonderful children
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work and Tech Schemes
Deadine for applications: Midday 20 May 2022
Interview date to be confirmed.
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and people that identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender plus (LGBT+) as these groups are currently underrepresented in our trust.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Lakelands Primary School is a brand new primary school opening in September 2020 with state of the art facilities in Stanway, Colchester. The school will open in September 2020, welcoming our first cohort of 60 reception aged children in two classes. Year on year the school will grow, providing 420 places for local children between four and eleven years old by 2026. At Lakelands Primary School we are creating a new school where children can thrive and flourish and fulfil their potential.