Download printable version
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and committed KS2 phase leader and class teacher to join our teaching team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable leader to join Stanway Fiveways Primary School and share their skills in an expanding and thriving primary school. We are looking to appoint a creative and motivated individual who holds the belief that every child has the potential to succeed. We are also looking for a leader and teacher who has experience of teaching in KS2.
As well as delivering high quality teaching and learning experiences for a class of children, the successful candidate will become part of our senior leadership team and have responsibility for leading key stage 2 within the school; a role that will involve supporting teachers and carrying out monitoring activities across the key stage. The appointed applicant will be ably supported by our senior leadership team, receive dedicated non-contact time to fulfil their professional duties and a wonderful team of enthusiastic and committed teachers and support staff.
The successful candidate will:
· Be an excellent, inspirational teacher and be prepared to share their expertise throughout the school and 'walk the walk.'
· Be ready to lead a team and build positive relationships with colleagues and families
· Be committed to ensure that all children reach their full potential
· Offer creative and motivating learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom
· Be passionate about educating the whole child
· Demonstrate a commitment to the school's vision and values
· Be a strong communicator, able to deliver clear messages to a wide range of stakeholders including children, parents and colleagues.
· Be able to enthuse and motivate pupils; have a strong commitment to raising pupil achievement and a proven track record in doing so previously
· Be hard working, committed and flexible
· Be dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children both within their class and in their phase, with a strong understanding of how both pastoral and educational support can impact positively
· Be committed to inclusion at all levels and be able to demonstrate this in their teaching and leadership
· Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
· Support all aspects of the school's work, be prepared to be part of a strong community and develop strong links with the PTA
· Have the ability to both work and lead from within a team
· Have a commitment to drive further school improvement
We can offer:
· Well behaved and happy children, who are eager to learn
· A caring, friendly and hard-working staff team
· A continued commitment to CPD.
· An ongoing commitment to staff wellbeing
· An inspiring curriculum
· A commitment to innovative practice
· Shared planning and collaborative working
· A supportive leadership team, who strive for excellence
· Dedicated leadership and PPA release time
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help us to make a difference and continue to move our growing school forward.
Information about the School
Stanway Fiveways Primary School is situated on the outskirts of Colchester and is a school which is striving to become one of the leading schools in Essex.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS and qualifications check.
Visits to the school are very welcome and more information is available from the School Business Manager, Claire Sainsbury on 01206 574849.