Download printable version
SEND Support Assistant
Required for September 2022 until 31st March 2023 (with the possibility of this being extended)
25 hours per week term time only
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic LSA to join our friendly, caring and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be caring and flexible and have:
- Level 3 qualification in childcare such as NNEB, CACHE, NVQ, BTEC National Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with young children with SEND - preferably children with Speech, Language and Communication needs
- Some knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and Key Stage One Curriculum
- Experience of adapting the curriculum for pupils with SEND.
- Good knowledge of Makaton (qualification desirable but not essential)
- Effective behaviour management strategies
- A good sense of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work effectively as a team member
- High expectations of everyone, including them self
- The ability to reflect on their practice and always look for ways to improve
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to make a difference
Other duties will include:
- Recording and monitoring pupil progress and providing feedback to the class teacher and SENDCo.
- Ensuring children's personal needs are met
- Attending training and meetings as required
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties
The role will be primarily supporting a Year 1 pupil who has significant global developmental delay although the successful candidate may be deployed flexibly to provide support to different children depending on need.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged.
Please contact the school for further information or to arrange a visit.