Download printable version
Pay Range: Leadership Scale 5-9 £46,566 - £51,402
Start Date: 1st September 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for our school to recruit an enthusiastic and conscientious SENCo to lead our SEND Team, building on the excellent work that is already in place and championing our SEND students.
In September 2022 Paxman Academy will expand to host four year groups (7 - 10). The successful candidate will be pivotal in shaping the key stage four approach and in particular the raising standards design for the Academy.
The position will suit an experienced SENCo who is empathetic with outstanding people skills.
The SENCo is supported by a team of enthusiastic and innovative Learning Support Assistants.
We are committed to providing the SENCo with the time needed to fulfil their duties.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Ensure that the school meets all its legal obligations under the most recent version of the SEND Code of Practice
● Work with students, subject leaders and class teachers with tutorial/pastoral responsibilities to ensure that realistic expectations are set for students with SEND.
● Lead and line manage the SEND Team
● Develop and maintain effective partnerships with parents/carers of students with SEND/Additional Needs so as to promote students' learning; communicate effectively; provide information to parents/carers about targets, achievements and progress.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Should you have any questions, please contact Kay Turner on email@example.com
We're looking for you if you have:
● Established and evidenced practise with children with a variety of SEND
● Qualified Teacher Status
● Ability to teach lessons that challenge, motivate and inspire all students.
● A passion for teaching and making a real difference to young people
● Commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are a dynamic SENCo with experience, who would like to work in a supportive and collaborative environment and you feel that you have the enthusiasm and commitment required to join our school, please apply.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman School?
We can offer you:
● A Competitive Salary
● Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
● Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
● Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply viathe link below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 16th May 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 16th May
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.