Download printable version
Full Time KS1 Teacher with TLR2b (£4485) for core subject and KS1 Phase Leader
Main Scale Salary based on experience
Start date will be 1st September 2022
Closing Date: Midday 18/05/22 Interview Date 25/05/22
Riverside Primary School is a popular, oversubscribed, community primary school at the heart of the charming village of Hullbridge. At Riverside we aim to instill our STAR values which are Strive, Tolerance, Achieve and Resilience in our learners and we truly believe that 'everyone matters and every day counts.' Due to the school's growing numbers, we are seeking to appoint an accomplished teacher with the relevant experience, who is ready to embrace the opportunity to join our leadership team and lead a phase in our school.
As well as delivering high quality teaching and learning experiences for a class of students, the successful candidate will become part of our senior leadership team and have a strategic responsibility for a core subject as well as leading a key phase within the school. The appointed applicant will be ably supported by our experienced senior leadership team, dedicated non-contact time to fulfil their professional duties and a wonderful team of enthusiastic and committed teachers and support staff.
'A harmonious learning environment where each individual is nurtured and valued. Pupils are proud of their achievements and want to do well.' Ofsted June 2018
The successful candidate must:
● Be an excellent, inspirational teacher and be prepared to share their expertise throughout the school and 'walk the walk.'
● Have a clear strength in their core subject of which they will be able to demonstrate strong expertise in and have a clear, strategic vision about developing school-wide and a clear pathway to achieving this
● Be ready to lead a team and build positive relationships with colleagues and families
● Be a strong communicator, able to deliver clear messages to a wide range of stakeholders including children, parents and colleagues.
● Be able to enthuse and motivate pupils; have a strong commitment to raising pupil achievement and a proven track record in doing so previously
● Be hard working, committed and flexible
● Be dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children both within their class and in their phase, with a strong understanding of how both pastoral and educational support can impact positively
● Be committed to inclusion at all levels and be able to demonstrate this in their teaching
● Have high aspirations for our children and themselves
● Have bundles of energy and enthusiasm and have a great sense of humour!
● Support all aspects of the school's work, be prepared to be part of a strong community and develop strong links with the PTA
● Have the ability to both work and lead from within a team
● Challenge the status quo and have a relentless thirst for the deliverance of a high quality education for our children
In return, Riverside Primary School can offer:
● Happy, engaged and engaging children who will make you smile every day
● A friendly, hardworking and committed staff
● A supportive, well-established senior-leadership team
● An excellent site with impressive facilities including a swimming pool, award-winning school garden, large playing fields, dedicated computing suite, a nurture room, school library and much more
● Supportive and friendly parents
● Ongoing professional development both as part of in-house CPD and through our wider partners
● Dedicated PPA and Leadership time
Riverside Primary School allows everyone to participate by:
Providing a welcoming, safe, happy school where everyone is respected and listened to; a school where we take pride in ourselves and our achievements, enabling children to become confident and successful learners.
Striving to be the hub of our local community and an integral part of our society; building and joining communities locally and beyond.
Riverside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be offered a position subject to full pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply for this post please apply online.
A visit to the school for a tour with our Headteacher, Mrs Smith, is strongly encouraged to enable potential candidates to find out more about our school and the position.
To organise an opportunity to discuss this position in greater detail or organise a visit please either call the school office on 01702 230911 or email email@example.com
Please note CVs cannot be accepted.
Information about the School
Riverside Primary School, situated 500m from the River Crouch, opened in September 2010 when the Infant and Junior schools amalgamated. We are very proud to be an integral part of the village of Hullbridge, building and enjoying strong links with other schools, local businesses and members of our local community.