Download printable version
37 hours per week, 52.14 weeks. Scale 5. Holidays to be taken in school closure periods.
Scale 5 - £20,852 - 22,129 per annum.
Working pattern Monday - Thursday 7.00am-9.30am, 1.00pm-6.00pm, Friday 7.00am-9.30am, 1.00pm-5.30pm. Working pattern can be discussed and negotiated.
Silver End Academy is looking for a motivated, experienced, enthusiastic and caring Site Manager.
We have an experienced Site Team across our schools within Connected Learning MAT, who work together to assist and support each other. Although based at Silver End Academy, you may be required to support at any of the other schools in the Multi-Academy Trust.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A flexible approach to their work and ability to work independently
- Strong DIY and handyman skills, for example, decorating, carpentry, plumbing
- Good communication skills as you will be liaising with contractors, tradesman as well as students and staff.
- This site has a swimming pool, maintenance experience would be preferred although full training will be given.
Duties will include general repairs and maintenance, locking and unlocking premises, general security, porterage, DIY, record keeping, etc. Full job description is attached to advert.
This role includes working in the school holidays when hours can be consolidated by arrangement.
Ideally you should have an awareness of COSHH, safe manual handling practices and Health and Safety.
Prior experience within a similar setting is desirable, although not essential.
Full driving licence and use of own car is essential as you may be required to attend the Academy outside of normal working hours.
Grow, flourish, succeed
At Silver EndAcademy we all share a common vision for every child and their individual needs. We provide a welcoming environment where children are accepting of others, develop positive relationships and see the school as part of an expanding, wider community, and ultimately, a bigger world.
- To foster curiosity in learning, to become independent learners and to encourage children to be passionate about what they do.
- To show children that learning is a life-long process of self-improvement.
- To place the school at the centre of the community by working closely with parents and local groups.
- To give all children equal opportunities, responsibilities and rights, regardless ofrace, gender, background, ability and disability.
- To provide, through high quality teaching, a stimulating, caring and safe environment where children are encouraged to develop to their full potential academically, socially, physically and emotionally.
- To have the highest expectations of all children and to lead them to have the highest expectations of themselves.
- To develop in all children a thirst for learning so that they become independent and self-motivated.
- To enable the children to take increasing responsibility for aspects of their own learning, to use and apply their developing skills and to work collaboratively.
- To encourage children to have consideration for others, respect for their surroundings and a sense of responsibility for themselves.
Please apply on-line or contact Michelle Smith, HR Manager by email at hr@connectedlearningMAT.co.uk for more information or to arrange a visit to Silver End Academy.
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.