Download printable version
TEACHER OF GEOGRAPHY - Required for September 2022
The college is seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic specialist to join our geography/business department. Successful applicants would be required to teach primarily geography at key stages 3 and 4. NCTs are welcome to apply as a full support programme will be available.
For a suitably qualified and experienced candidate there is the potential for additional leadership responsibilities, attracting a TL2 payment.
The successful candidate will be:
● committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for their students
● able to challenge all students to make exceptional progress
● a strong team player who forms excellent relationships with staff, parents and students
● willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of our college
We can offer you:
● a warm and welcoming college with excellent links to parish communities
● enthusiastic and well-behaved students who are eager to learn
● supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents
● opportunities to further your professional development
We are a highly respected and over-subscribed Catholic college that Ofsted found to be outstanding in its commitment to the social, moral and spiritual development of all its students. Our Section 48 Inspection in March 2022 judged St Benedict's to be "an outstanding Catholic school" providing "exceptional care and support for students".
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. Applications will only be accepted on the college application form.
Please contact Mr Neil Maher, Head of Department for geography and business, if you wish to have an informal discussion about the role, on 01206 549222.
Further details and an application pack are available on the college website, www.stbenedicts.essex.sch.uk and completed applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 16th May 2022.
Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place before the closing date if there is a sufficiently strong field.