Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic SENCO Lead to join our team 3 days per week. We are looking for an ambitious, inspiring professional with the skills, drive and determination to help ensure that all our pupils are able to thrive.
We are seeking an individual who:-
- is an Outstanding teacher
- has achieved the National SENCO qualification
- has an indepth knowledge of SEND
- has a commitment to improving and developing their own practice
- is an excellent role model for staff and children
- works well as part of a team
The following attributes are desirable:
- has experience of supporting a specialist unit
- has experience of implementing ABA approaches
- has a good understanding of ASD and/or completed AET training
Potential applicants should:
- Have a strong commitment to raising standards
- Be able to motivate and inspire children and colleagues
- Is innovative in creating stimulating learning opportunities
- Support all aspects of the school's work
- Have an ambition to develop into a future school leader
- Have a commitment to safeguarding children in our care.
We can offer you:
- A secure, caring and inclusive school environment that is focused on all children reaching their full potential
- Happy, well behaved and hardworking pupils who are eager to learn
- Supportive, hardworking and committed staff
- High quality professional development
- A two week half-term break in October!
- An extended break at Easter
- A laptop.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged to support you in the application process. Further details and an application pack can be obtained by contacting our Business Manager, Ian Clark.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Incomplete applications will not be successful. CVs will not be accepted.
West Thurrock Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, health check and two satisfactory references.