Download printable version
Candidate sought for 27.5 hr per week job, term-time only. Salary Scale 3 (£18,933 to £19,312 FTE). Requests for part-time hours considered.
Start date 1st September 2022 - possibility of earlier start for the right canditate
Our school is currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant.
NVQ or relevant experience in school is desirable.
Good qualifications and previous experience of working with young children are essential; however, additional training would be offered as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- be enthusiastic and flexible
- be able to work co-operatively as part of a close-knit team
- have knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs
- have excellent behaviour management skills
- be positive and motivational
- have good communication skills
You will be expected to:
- help to organise resources and the classroom to create a positive learning environment
- motivate pupils
- work with the SENCO, teachers and other LSAs to plan and coordinate work
- help SEN pupils to take part in school events and activities
- be patient, empathetic, and have an ability to build rapport with children and their parents.
- have a clear understanding of safeguarding and keeping children safe in education.