Download printable version
Class Teacher - Full-Time Permanent
With an interest in Design & Technology and Mathematics for SEN MLD Students Aged 14-19
Main Pay Range + 1 SEN Point in accordance with School Teachers' Pay & Conditions Document.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th May 2022 (12noon)
Interview Date: Monday 23rd May 2022
Required September 2022
We have an exciting new opening for an experienced and motivated Class Teacher to work with students aged 14-19 on the College site. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of an innovative, inspiring learning environment with high expectations of students and staff.
The role includes:
· To assist in maintaining and developing the College as 'outstanding', providing the highest standard of teaching and learning for all students. Support the Leadership Team (LT) to secure an excellent curriculum and assessment strategy providing a high-quality education system that achieves high standards for students;
· Undertake all aspects of a Class Teacher's responsibilities as shown in the Teacher Standards;
. Lead and teach the Design and Technology curriculum to Key Stage 4/5
· Plan, prepare and deliver motivating lessons (including maths) in accordance with the academy's Teaching & Learning Policy and Curriculum Offer.
What we offer:
· A busy and creative learning environment
· A highly supportive team of staff
· Career pathways
· High quality professional development opportunities for all staff
· Parents and staff who work hard together in the interests of all pupils
· Varied and interesting work
· A supportive Trust
· Social activities
Full details can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification information.
A SEAX Trust application form MUST BE COMPLETED - available on the school & college website at www.thriftwoodschool.com with additional information, Essex Job Scene website or on request from the college office by calling 01245 262779
Return completed form to email@example.com
Information about the School
Thriftwood is an outstanding SEND School and College, offering a wealth of opportunities and experiences to its pupils, their families and staff. It is based on two sites in Chelmsford; Thriftwood School site lies in Galleywood and Thriftwood College in Melbourne. It forms a part of the SEAX Multi-Academy Trust, which encompasses provisions across Essex and the Trust Headquarters are based at Thriftwood College.