Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
30 hours per week (8:30 - 15:00 Monday to Friday, term time only)
Actual salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) Range: £12,698 to £13,213 pa
Do you passionately believe that all children have the potential to achieve?
Are you approachable, committed, enthusiastic, positive, self-motivated, well-organised and able to work in
a team? Then we want to hear from you…
St Mary's Prittlewell, Church of England Primary School is a warm and welcoming school that believes
every child is a unique creation of God and should be supported to have life in all its fullness.
We are looking to employ an effective teaching assistant to join our fabulous team.
The successful applicant will:
- Support the Child protection and Safeguarding procedures of the school
- Have the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children
- Assist in differentiated teaching and learning, effectively managing and supporting individuals and
- groups of pupils
- Show initiative and the willingness to work as part of a team
- Be resilient and have a positive "can do" attitude, along with a good sense of humour
- Have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (must have A-C GCSE Maths and English)
- Have a calm, patient and positive approach to working with children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Have a good understanding of child development and a range of issues including behaviour
- management and social and emotional wellbeing
- Liaise closely with Class Teachers, SENCO and Senior Leaders to deliver The National Curriculum/EYFS and specific intervention programmes
An NVQ Level 2 in learning support/early years, NNEB or other equivalent qualification would be desirable.
Experience of supporting special needs including SEMH would be an advantage.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th May 2022 Interview date: Wednesday 15th June 2022
Completed applications to be sent for the attention of:
Sara Whitlock (Inclusion Administrator) to: email@example.com
Information about the School
Our school is rapidly improving and expanding under new headship. We strive to enhance the lives of our children with a solid education underpinned with strong Christian values. We are at the centre of community life and have strong links with the parish church of St. Mary's, Prittlewell.