Download printable version
EACH's underlying principles are fearless engagement with children, child centred decision makings and no limiting beliefs. If you feel that you have the same principles and want to be part of an organisation that steps into the gap and makes a difference, please get in contact.
Reach are looking for learning mentors (with QTS or equivalent teaching qualifications) who have experience working with pupils who have SEND and/or those who are Looked After, who have experience of teaching English and Maths at a variety of levels and have a therapeutic approach to teaching.
We seeking Learning mentors who can offer a creative approach to teaching and learning from Year 1 through to Year 13
We need Learning Mentors Monday - Friday term time, who are willing to commit to a minimum of 10hrs a week (most of our pupils require 15hrs a week, 3hrs a day).
We are looking for Learning Mentors to provide in-person session, either in the home, outreach centre or school.
Many of the pupils need social and emotional support and experience of supporting students that have mental health needs including anxiety, depression and complex behaviour is desirable.
You will be expected to write weekly reports on the pupil's progress and engage in a robust induction and CPD training.
Extensive training is provided to all staff, REACH are committed to professional development and will devise a bespoke CPD offer to enable individuals to reach their full potential.
Skills and Experience:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status or alternative teaching qualification) -Desirable
- Experience with counselling and/or mentoring - Desirable
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people in the care system and those with SEND - Essential
- Creative practitioner equipped to deal with pupils who may have disengaged from mainstream schooling - Essential
- Positive behaviour strategy knowledge and experience of helping children self-regulate emotions - Essential
- Thrive practitioner or experience of trauma informed practice - Desirable
- Excellent written communication, timekeeping, reliability, and timely reporting
All applicants must be available for all day for interviews the 24th of May
Information about the School
We believe in investing in people. As professionals in the helping profession, we believe and aspire to offer a better future to those children, young people and families we work with.
Success for us means unleashing the potential of each individual we engage with, so they can grow and develop each day, to be better versions of themselves.
Our values are grounded in our determination to be the change we want to see in the world, through passion, commitment and integrity.
We want to plant a seed of kindness and compassion in a generation that will produce resilience & hope and enable them to fulfill their own destinies.
Our success therefore will be measured in the lives we changed through REACH.