Download printable version
1:1 Learning Pastoral and Support Assistant
Local GovernmentPay Scale 3, Points 4 - 5
Required September 2022
Hours - 8:55- 2:30 - 27 hours 55 mins per week
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Learning Pastoral and Support Assistant to join our established and friendly team of staff. The role is to support a Year 1 child with ASD and with limited verbal communication. The role will include: -
· undertaking / leading in tactile/sensory activities;
· be the key worker for this 1:1 with shared responsibilities;
· adapt activities and change to meet his needs;
· carefully introduce areas of the early years' curriculum;
· work alongside other LPSAs within the classroom and in support of the 1:1 pupil;
· develop communication through Makaton and PECS in order to lead to verbal communication.
We're looking for individuals with a passion for supporting children with learning difficulties and who simply have the drive and ambition to grow with us and enhance the lives of our pupils.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need:
the desire to learn something new and put this into practice;
to be flexible, adaptable and resilient;
a proactive and professional approach to work;
excellent written and oral communication skills;
the ability to play and actively engage with pupils;
to be a team player.
You will need to:
· be educated to GCSE A-C or above in English and Maths, preferably with NVQ2 or equivalent in an area relevant to this post;
· be a flexible, organised and committed team player;
· have ability to show initiative and work independently;
· have previous experience in an educational setting;
· be committed to supporting children in their learning;
· be experienced with working on 1:1 basis to support children with SEND needs.
We can offer:
· a welcoming and supportive school setting;
· a friendly, hardworking team of staff;
· happy, enthusiastic and caring children;
· a supportive Governing Board;
· appropriate training as required.
We are also proud that in February 2018 Ofsted judged our school to be 'Good' and made particular reference to the effective support being offered by our LPSAs.
Please contact the school business manager on 01255 245440 and press option 3 for further details and an application pack. It is advised to arrange a visit. All visits will comply with Covid guidance, if necessary.
Closing date: Friday 20th May 2022
Proposed interview date: Thursday 16th June 2022
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory DBS certification, medical checks and references.
Information about the School
Harwich Community Primary school is a welcoming and modern community school, which is well resourced, has fantastic children and supportive parents. We are looking for someone who will share our school vision of ‘Working together to achieve our best’.
We are a caring school with wonderful children who love to learn. Our staff members are extremely dedicated, friendly and supportive of each other.
We can offer you the support of a committed team of staff and Governors as well as children who are well behaved and eager to learn.