Download printable version
Salary: Group 2 (point 12- 18) NOR: 210
Applications due by midday on Monday 16th May 2022
Interviews: Thursday 26th May 2022
Post available: September 2022
Due to the planned retirement of our Headteacher, after 12 years of successful leadership, the Local Governing Body of Lambourne Primary School and Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust wish to recruit an experienced and inspiring leader to build on the achievements of our school and to drive aspirational educational outcomes for all our children.
Lambourne School is a one-form entry school, based in the village of Abridge, on the outskirts of Epping Forest, adjacent to open countryside. Although the hub of the school is the original Victorian building, there have been many improvements and new facilities added to its spacious site. Our school aims to create a welcoming environment where children are encouraged to develop their skills, talents and interests through a broad and creative curriculum. It also hosts a small specialist unit for SEMH provision which offers support for KS1 pupils from across Epping Forest.
The school is outward looking, and sees itself as having strong links with many local organisations, fully reflecting the values of a village community. While, as one of the founding members of the EFSPT, it has been proactive in supporting the Trust with its ethos of cooperation and collaboration. The school promotes a strong sense of community, citizenship and self-worth, with child and staff well-being at its heart.
You will have:
· Well-tested leadership and management skills, with a clear vision of excellence in education
· A strong ability to communicate with staff, children, parents and governors
· A track record of strategic thinking and planning
· Proven financial skills to meet the current funding challenges for small schools.
· A fierce determination to drive higher educational standards for all children at every level of the school
· A commitment to the continuing development and motivation of all staff
· An understanding that the SEMH of all children and staff is central to the culture of the school
· A commitment to the administration of the SEMH specialist unit for KS1children
We can offer you:
· Happy, motivated and well-behaved children who are excited about their learning and eager to contribute
· An enthusiastic, talented and hard-working staff, where turn-over is low and commitment high
· A strong relationship with the village community
· A well-maintained site with many facilities - heated pool, sports hall, landscaped play areas.
· A supportive, committed Local Governing Body which will proactively seek to work with you to realise a shared vision for the school
· An active PTA
· The full support of the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Further details including the application form can be obtained by emailing the CEO of the EFSPT email@example.com