Download printable version
Rainbow Rangers Breakfast and Afterschool Club is an indpendent organisation offering wrap around care to the children of Boxted St Peter's CE Primary School. The club is currently seeking play worker to assist with their afternoon sessions.
Hours of Work: Afternoons 2.30 pm to 6.00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Start Date: Immediately/as soon as possible
Job summary: Assisting with day to day activities of the breakfast/afterschool club. Providing quality play care within the framework of the club's policies and procedures
Line manager: Club Manager/Deputy.
Responsible for: Not applicable
Working relationships: Children attending the club and their parents/carers. Management and staff, including students and volunteers. Schools and registering authorities
Main duties include:
· Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
· Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
· Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
· Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
· Administering first aid when necessary.
· Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
· Helping with club administration, where necessary.
· Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
· Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
· Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
· Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
· Working within the framework of the club's policies and procedures.
Please contact: Tracey Doolin 07585 314971
Please note that this position is working directly for Rainbow Rangers and not Boxted St Peter's School itself. However, a close working relationship exisits between the two with mutal expectations in terms of professional conduct and a committment to safeguarding children. As such all posts are subject to enhanced DBS and reference checks.